Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kelli Jo visits paradise

Kelli Jo's adventures in Maui 2009 - don't you want to come visit also?

Black Sand Beach, Waianapanapa State Park 

Kelli, Heather, and Doug island hopping to Moloka'i to hike down into Kalaupapa, the old leper isolation settlement.

Doug and Heather from the top of the pali, with Kalaupapa in the background.

Hiking down was a little harder on the knees than we expected, but it was soo worth the effort.  I felt bad for the people who took mules down because they couldn't stop at their leisure to enjoy the beauty and take pictures.

Another shot of Kalaupapa from the top of the pali.

Our stylish tour bus through Kalaupapa and Kalawao.

Then onto Oahu to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center.


Road to Hana - in the rainbow eucalyptus grove/forest.

Close up of a rainbow eucalyptus

Kelli Jo and me on the back side of Haleakala.
 
Oheo Gulch.  Unfortunately it was closed for swimming due to heavy rains, but it was definitely beautiful even without taking a dip.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I can't wait to visit you!! I hope everything works out for us to visit in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the "Chronicles of Kelli Jo's visit" and for including me in your prestigous blog! I am having so much fun reading it :;).

    ReplyDelete