Monday, February 15, 2010

Annual Valentines Day Trip to Hana


My first trip to Hana was Feb 14, 2008. I was here for the job interview and wanted to see as much of the island as possible, in case it would be my only trip to Maui. The following year - Valentines Day 2009 I found myself on the road to Hana again and decided to make a tradition of it. I have favorite places I stop each trip, so this year I decided to visit all new places - except for the annual Wailua Falls picture

Wailua Falls - the drought has completely dried up the falls
I was so shocked by the dryness and had to get a close up.
And this is last year's picture - when there was actually water!
Upper Puohokamoa Falls - even with the drought, it was pretty incredible. The falls tumble over 200 feet and even the trickle was impressive.
Upper Puohokamoa Falls
I stopped at Uncle Harry's for banana bread and talked story with a local man. After a couple minutes, we discovered we were both LDS and had common acquaintances. I love how small Maui is!

Uncle Harry's banana bread wasn't so fantastic,
So I stopped at my favorite place for Banana Chocolate Bread - how divine!!
Nahiku Church
Palapala Ho'omau Congregational Church
Palapala Ho'omau Congregational Church
Charles Lindbergh's grave
Park overlooking Kipahulu coastline
Oh how I love my island home!

1 comment:

  1. I love your island home too! Great photos. And I love the flower in your hair. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete